1. Why did you choose this particular location to study abroad?
I chose Cyprus because I have had many friends who have studied here and they said incredible things about it. I have also always been very curious about the country.
2. What has been your favorite meal?
My favorite meal would definitely be the "meze", which is similar to a tapas style meal, it comes with over 25 small plates- each one of them were amazing.
3. How does your major tie into your study abroad plans (internships, classes, languages, etc.)?
I am a PR major and one of the required courses to take is Marketing, that is what I am taking here. I am also taking a few core curriculum classes. Each of these benefit my major and fulfill my credits.
4. What do you miss most about Susquehanna while you are away?
I miss my friends the most.
5. What do you anticipate missing most about your study away location?
I will probably miss the flexibility of time here in classes, as well as how close the beaches are.
6. What is the most interesting custom you have witnessed while abroad?
The most interesting custom is how warm and welcoming they are to foreigners. They tend to treat foreigners as family, which I truly adore about the culture.
7. If you could describe your experience so far in one word, what would it be?
8. What was the most meaningful interaction you have had with a local?
The most meaningful interaction I have had so far would be with a girl in my class, Charlotte, who sits next to me in Marketing. I got very sick and missed a whole week of classes, and she was the only one to reach out to me and see if everything was okay. She helped me catch up in class and would check up on me every once in a while to make sure I was alright.
9. Have you had the opportunity to explore your city? Where have you ventured, and why did you select those places?
Yes, I have explored. I have gone to the Old City, which is filled with shops, restaurants and cafes. I have also seen all of the town I am staying in. I plan on adventuring to more places including Paphos, Limassol, and Ayia Napa.
10. What is one thing you would tell students planning to study abroad in your location?
Take advantage of where you are. This is your time to experience as much as you can, so go out, meet new people, and see new things.